Safe Abortion Clinic
SAFE ABORTION CLINIC JOHANNESBURG CONTACT DR. ROBIN +27739336524
SAFE ABORTION CLINIC: LOOKING FOR AN ABORTION?
Safe Abortion Clinic Johannesburg. If you think you may be pregnant and are considering abortion, you have a tough decision ahead of you and the best thing you can do is get all the facts first. We have knowledgeable staff that can provide all the information you need to make an informed decision.
Safe Abortion Clinic: You have the right to know all the options — as well as all potential risks to you — before you decide what you should do regarding an unplanned pregnancy.
All of our services are Affordable, confidential, and non-judgmental, including:
- Pregnancy Testing
- Medically-Accurate Abortion Information
- Pregnancy Options Education
- STD Education
There’s no pressure. Call and speak to someone today.
YOU’RE NOT ALONE – WE CAN HELP. CALL US FOR MORE INFORMATION.
Quick contact: +2773 933 6524
Here’s what you need to know about Safe abortion Clinic services at our center:
Abortion Pill (Medication Abortion)
Abortion pill (medication abortion) is offered up to 10 weeks and 0 days after the start of your last menstrual periods. If your last period was more than 10 weeks ago, read about our in-clinic abortion services below.
Abortion pill (medication abortion) services are available by appointment only.
Plan to be at the health center for 2-4 hour(s) for your entire abortion pill visit (medication abortion).
You will need to follow up within 1-2 weeks to make sure your abortion is complete and that you are well. In the unlikely event that you are still pregnant, you may need another dose of medication or to have an in-clinic abortion to end the pregnancy.
After your abortion pill visit, you will need access to a telephone, transportation, and backup medical care available to you once you are home.
In-Clinic Abortion: Safe Abortion Clinic
In-clinic abortion is offered up to 18 weeks and 6 days after the start of your last menstrual period. If your last period was after 18 weeks and 6 days, we can still help. Call us for a referral list of health care providers in your area that offer other abortion services.
In-clinic abortions are available by appointment only.
Plan to be at the health center for 4-5 hours for your entire visit for an in-clinic abortion.
If you desire medication to help make your in-clinic abortion more comfortable, you must have a responsible companion with you to help you get home safely.
For more than 14 weeks pregnant, your in-clinic abortion may require multiple visits.
In case you plan to have sedation, please do not eat for 6 hours or drink clear liquids for 6 hours before your appointment.
Do you have asthma? bring an inhaler if you have one.
Surgical Abortion Care
Care before a surgical abortion
Before a surgical abortion, your doctor will: Safe Abortion Clinic
- Evaluate your past health, including any medicines you are taking.
- Do a physical exam, including a pelvic examination, to evaluate your health, how long you have been pregnant, and the location and health of the embryo or fetus.
- Perform an ultrasound to confirm how far along and where the pregnancy is. Not all doctors choose to do this step.
- Discuss your decision to have an abortion and your feelings about the decision. Safe Abortion Clinic
- Discuss your plans for future pregnancies and birth control use.
- Explain the procedure, possible problems, and when to call your doctor.
Care immediately after a surgical abortion
After a surgical abortion procedure, your doctor will check to make sure:
- Your vital signs such as heart rate, breathing, and blood pressure are normal.
- Bleeding is not excessive.
- Uterine contractions are normal.
- Side effects from anesthetic (local or general) are not causing problems.
Medicines that may be given after a surgical abortion include:
- Antibiotics, to prevent infection.
- Medicines that cause uterine contractions (uterotonic), to empty the uterus completely and reduce bleeding.
- Rh immunoglobulin, which is given to all women who have Rh-negative blood type to prevent Rh sensitization after the procedure.
- Pain medicine, for cramping pain caused by uterine contractions.
- Medicine to treat nausea or vomiting.
After Medical Abortion
Most clinics require a follow-up visit to confirm that the abortion is complete. The clinician will do a physical examination, ultrasound or blood pregnancy test. Sometimes these services can be managed by phone without having to return to the clinic.
At Home After Safe Abortion
With any abortion, avoid putting anything into your vagina (no tampons, no sexual intercourse, and no douching) for five days after the abortion, as the cervix is open and there is a greater chance of an infection during this time.Safe Abortion Clinic
Bleeding ranges from none at all to a light or moderate flow, which may stop and then start again. Some signs of pregnancy, such as nausea, usually get better in a day or two, while others, including breast tenderness, may take a week or two.
You may also be advised to rest and to avoid heavy lifting and strenuous exercise. Self-care is important, but work, school and family circumstances may make some recommendations unrealistic. In addition, no studies have shown that these activities actually increase the risk of complications after abortion. The best guide is to listen to your body and use common sense.
Follow Up – Safe Abortion
You may be given a follow-up appointment for two to three weeks after the abortion. At this visit, the clinician will check how you are doing emotionally and physically. Most women feel fine and do not have any problems after an abortion, but it’s also normal to feel tired or to have cramps for several days.Safe Abortion Clinic
Dealing With Emotions
Emotionally, most women report feeling relief after an abortion. But it is also perfectly normal to have mixed or even negative feelings. The decision to terminate a pregnancy can be sad or stressful. It may be made more upsetting by the stigma against abortion fueled by those who are opposed to abortion rights.
Sex After Abortion
We advise you not to have sex (including receiving oral sex) for 2 weeks after an abortion to minimize the risk of infection. This will give your body the best chance to recover after your treatment. If you did not use contraception, you are at risk of being pregnant again. Please call us for advice.Safe Abortion Clinic
Pregnancy test after your abortion
Make sure you take a pregnancy test to verify that your treatment has been successful 4 weeks after your abortion. A test done before 3 weeks after treatment may give you a false result. Safe Abortion Clinic
Abortion is very common, and people have abortions for many different reasons. Only you know what’s best for you, but good information and support can really help you make the decision that is best for your own health and well-being.
Why do people decide to have an abortion?: Safe Abortion Clinic Johannesburg
If you’re thinking about having an abortion, you’re so not alone. Millions of people face unplanned pregnancies every year, and about 4 out of 10 of them decide to get an abortion. Some people with planned pregnancies also get abortions because of health or safety reasons. Overall, 1 in 4 women in the U.S. will have an abortion by the time they’re 45 years old.
Sometimes, the decision is simple. Other times, it’s complicated. But either way, the decision to have an abortion is personal, and you’re the only one who can make it.
Everyone has their own unique and valid reasons for having an abortion. Some of the many different reasons people decide to end a pregnancy include:
- They want to be the best parent possible to the kids they already have.
- They’re not ready to be a parent yet.
- It’s not a good time in their life to have a baby.
- They want to finish school, focus on work, or achieve other goals before having a baby.
- They’re not in a relationship with someone they want to have a baby with.
- They’re in an abusive relationship or were sexually assaulted.
- The pregnancy is dangerous or bad for their health.
- The fetus won’t survive the pregnancy or will suffer after birth.
- They just don’t want to be a parent.
Other Abortion Services Information
Please do not bring children with you to the health center.
If you take any medications, please continue to take these medications normally before your appointment.
During your visit, you may be given the following:
- a pregnancy test
- a chance to speak with a trained staff person about all of your choices: abortion (safe abortion Clinic), adoption, and parenting
- a conversation with the health care provider about your health history
- lab tests/blood work
- a pelvic exam
- an ultrasound
- medications to make the abortion more comfortable
- medication if you are Rh negative
- antibiotics or other medications
- birth control information
- a birth control method.